This is one of my favourite dish. I will always cook this, with or without seafood, whenever I can get the thick asparagus. I just can't get the same kick with the thin Thai asparagus.
I wished that the price for these asparagus is more affordable though. It's such an expensive dish to cook.
- 6 Asparagus, skinned and sliced
- 4 Scallops, sliced half
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Shallot, sliced
- 1 Chilli, seed and julienned
- 1 teaspoon Belacan, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
How to do it:
- Saute garlic and shallot in oil till fragrant.
- Add in chilli, belacan and dried shrimp.
- Stir fry for about a minute.
- Add in scallops and stir-fry till almost cooked.
- Dished the scallops and set aside.
- In the same wok, add in asparagus and stir fry till the colour of the asparagus turned a dark shade of green or almost cooked.
- Add in the previously cooked scallops.
- Continue cooking till the scallops are cooked thoroughly.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste if necessary.
- Dish and serve immediately.
You may like to replace scallops with prawns