This is one easy recipe for mushroom lovers.
You will need an oven or toaster to do this. If you don't have one, you can do it using the flying pan but it will very wet and you won't be able to get the brown top.
However, the flavours will be there.
- 1 box Cremini Mushroom, cleaned with a damp cloth. Do not wash.
- 2 tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme or 2 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- Ground Black Pepper and Salt to taste
- 1 small cup Panko or Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
How to do it:
- Brush dirt from mushrooms and clean with damp cloth or paper towel.
- Trim the stalks to level them with the caps.
- Set aside.
- Mix ingredients for the seasoning paste together, except for panko and Parmesan Cheese.
- Spread paste on the underside of the mushrooms.
- Set aside.
- Mix panko with 2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, if using.
- Press the mushrooms with paste on the panko.
- Arrange on an oven proof dish.
- Roast in preheated oven at 220c for 12 mins.
- Increase temperature to 250c and continue to roast for 2 mins to brown the top further.
- If you cut the mushroom, you will get a wetter result. So, if you prefer to have more 'sauce', cut mushroom to 2 to 3 pieces. However, the paste slips off easily after roasting as there's nothing to hold it.
- You can make this in advance and store in the fridge to roast when you are ready.
- If you do not have Balsamic Vinegar, you can replace it with regular black vinegar or lemon juice