AdSense

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Honey Baked Cod



I'm re-posting one of my favourite recipes. This recipe brings back lots of memories I had when I was working in a Japanese Company, Rubycon.

I was such a workaholic then. Never would have thought I would give up my job to be a full time homemaker.  Some of my ex-colleagues are still with the Company but my ex-boss was being posted to Korea.  I hope they are all well.

Ingredients:
  • 2 slice Cod

Marinade:
  • 6 tablespoon Soy Sauce
  • 5 tablespoon Honey
  • 1 tablespoon Sake
  • 1 tablespoon Water

How to do it:
  1. Mix the marinade well.
  2. Pour over the the cod and marinate for 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven at 180C.
  4. Lay your baking tray with baking paper.
  5. Drain cod from marinade and reserve the marinade.
  6. Simmer the marinade till it thickens. Use this as basting sauce.
  7. Grill the cod for 20 minutes skin-side up.
  8. Bast the cod with the sauce a couple of times.
  9. Carefully turn the cod over.
  10. Continue to grill, basting the cod a few times till the surface caramelised.
  11. Serve immediately.

Note:
  • As this dish contain honey, be careful not to burn the cod. Adjust the temperature of your oven and the timing accordingly.
  • Adjust the sweetness of the dressing according to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment